Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Faint Live @ Terminal 5

I saw The Faint live at Terminal 5 in New York City. My mind was blown, my clothes were soaked in sweat and my pants were soiled. It was the most amazing live experience that I have ever been a part of. They started off their set with a song that was new and not too many people in the crowd had heard it before, nevertheless the crowd (a three level venue filled to the brim) bounced along to the beat. After that there was a quick pause and the whole place erupted in a blast of energy and excitement as Dropkick The Punks began. I couldn't help but yell with elation as one of my all time favorite songs played louder and faster than I think I've ever heard it before. The band (sans bassist) fed off the energy of the crowd and it was a mutual bond of pure AWESOMENESS. The concert could have been six hours or more and I don't think anyone would have minded (though I am quite sure most people there would have died of exhaustion.) I went in expecting something great and left completely blown away by what I had just experienced. Todd Baechle bounced around on the stage contorting his body and swinging his arms as he sang and yelled bringing as much to the stage as is humanly possible (perhaps even more.)

The first opener was a band called Icky Blossoms, whom I hadn't ever heard of and when I asked about them I was told that they were "pretty good." They were great too. A perfect act to get the crowd ready and play some great tunes, I highly recommend going on spotify and listening to their album especially the creepy crawly "Sex to the Devil" which was their most memorable piece in my opinion. The lead singer sang with haunting energy and was accompanied by the blaring vocals of one of her male counterparts to produce a sound that was equal parts electronic and enigmatic. What what!?

I give The Faint show at Terminal 5 as many Buscemi heads as possible. In fact, it was so good that I am going to give it a new grade....


I give this show the coveted "Kilted Buscemi Award" in honor of the sheer brilliance and awe-inspiring experience that was blown into the ears, eyes and asses of everyone in attendance. 




Here's a crummy iPhone video of them performing "Mirror Error"


No comments:

Post a Comment