Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Prometheus, The Alien Movies and scary music

I just finished a run through of the ALIEN quadrilogy. I have to say... the movies seemed a lot scarier when I watched them as a small child, although they were the censored for television versions where most of the good ole fashioned sex, violence, nudity, swears and rock n' roll was removed. Still, I was surprised in general by the quality of the films (with the largest exception being the stupid human-xenomorph autism monster born at the end of resurrection.) No matter how many times I watch them I can't help but want Sigourney Weaver to die. Ripley just isn't a likable character to me. 



This all started because I watched Prometheus. I didn't pay attention to it at all when it was in theaters, all I knew was that it was a Ridley Scott movie. I didn't make the Scott-Alien connection, all I had was Gladiator and Robin Hood in mind seeing as they were the last Scott movies I had seen. I watched it and was pretty excited about it in the end. Spoiler, there is a Xenomorph from the Alien movies in the end that pops out of the giant gothic rubber man's body. My mind was blown and my pants were soiled. The movie wasn't an A+ film, but it was pretty good. I likes me explosions, big budgets and a WICKED LOUD DEEP TONED NOISES on occasion though so it was a good showing. 

This blockbuster gets a good ole 3 Buscemi grade out of 4 



Speaking of scary stuff and loud noises, I was introduced to these scary sounds over Thanksgiving Break, enjoy. 




So. Utterly. Terrifying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment